We are requesting your participation in December 2020. What does this look like?
- Your studio will host a Strong with Her December 6 Yoga Karma class (or similar class for healing)
- By participating you will be helping YWCA raise awareness of gender-based violence and provide hope for those affected
- Funds raised will be donated to support the work of YWCA Halifax December 6th Fund.
- Suggested donation of $20 per participant to be collected by the studio.
What support will you receive from YWCA?
- When you register your participation online, your studio will be added to the list of Strong With Her Yoga locations
- YWCA, along with participating studios, will promote the initiative across various channels including email, websites, social media, sponsored media, press
- You will receive a YWCA Halifax information to further explain how donated dollars will be spent
- Option to have a YWCA ‘ambassador’ attend, speak at, and provide information and resources at your karma class
Please join us December 2020 and make a commitment to action on Violence Against Women by bringing your clients together for a karma class in support of YWCA Halifax December 6th Fund.
About December 6th Fund:
The December 6th fund provides non-interest-bearing micro-loans and individualized support to women who wish to flee domestic violence but are compelled to stay for reasons of financial instability, life skills, and barriers to sufficient housing and/or self-sustainability. It reduces the number of homeless women and families in Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM) while working to end violence against women.
To Register your studio, please contact: