Open New Tab
Department: Community Programs – Open New Tab (ONT)
Classification: Full-Time, Term
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Start Date: Mid-September 2023
Deadline: September 4, 2023
Location: Halifax, NS
YWCA Halifax is a progressive, multi-service, not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of women, girls, two-spirited and gender diverse people and their families at critical turning points in their lives. We work to transform lives by providing a continuum of services and programs that drive lasting positive change. We strive to change the underlying issues that are root causes of inequality, violence, poverty, and homelessness. Our four program focus areas include: promoting the health, wellness, and leadership of women and girls; advancing women’s economic and housing security; delivering quality, accessible, early learning, and childcare; and working to end violence against women, girls and gender diverse individuals.
Why work for the YWCA
Staff at YWCA Halifax enjoy a supportive and dynamic team environment, a commitment to staff growth, a connection to the national and international YWCA movements, learning from colleagues in a multiservice agency, and a strong shared vision.
Why YOU should apply
Even if you don’t have all the requirements listed in this position, you may be the right candidate. If you are a natural leader with a strong attention to detail and a passion for social justice and gender equity, we want to hear from you. Take a chance and apply. Tell us how you can make a difference through your YWCA.
The Outreach Coordinator will work with the Team Lead to develop and implement initiatives that increase organizational and programmatic reach within the Halifax Regional Municipality. This includes project management, planning, organizing, leading, growing, and risk management of program activities within the community.
Role of the Coordinator
- Responsible for overall coordination and administration of community-based programs and workshops, and related youth programs.
- Ensures high quality of youth programs for designated projects and programs and supports in program evaluation.
- Developing work plans.
- Research within program areas and best practices to ensure program quality and innovation.
- Effective management of all financial records relating to outreach activities.
- Manages and creates meaningful partnerships with community stakeholders.
- Coordinates and manages volunteers.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Undergraduate degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of program management and evaluation in an outcomes-based framework.
- Strong administrative skills, financial management skills, organizational development, and advocacy skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Effective interpersonal, supervisory, and organizational skills.
- High level of computer literacy, ability to maintain collaborative partnerships, internal and external to the organization.
- Knowledge and interest in youth engagement and community development strategies from a feminist, anti-oppressive perspective.
- Ability to train, supervise, and motivate volunteers and participants.
YWCA Halifax is committed to diversity, and we welcome all suitably qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply. YWCA Halifax is governed by, employs, and serves diverse individuals and community members. Self-identification by applicants does not guarantee an interview but we want you to know that we understand that lived experience of racialization, Indigeneity, (dis)Ability, and gender diversity are their own knowledge and expertise. We value this expertise and consider it as we discern who to interview.
If interested, please send your cover letter and resume in one document to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Youth Outreach Coordinator
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com