Payroll & Accounts Payable Coordinator
Title: Payroll & Accounts Payable Coordinator
Reports to: Finance Manager
Classification: Full-Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Start Date: June 5, 2023
Deadline: May 19, 2023
Location: Halifax, NS
YWCA Halifax is a progressive, multi-service, not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of women, girls, two-spirited and gender diverse people and their families at critical turning points in their lives. We work to transform lives by providing a continuum of services and programs that drive lasting positive change. We strive to change the underlying issues that are root causes of inequality, violence, poverty, and homelessness. Our four program focus areas include: promoting the health, wellness, and leadership of women and girls; advancing women’s economic and housing security; delivering quality, accessible, early learning, and childcare; and working to end violence against women, girls and gender diverse individuals.
Why work for the YWCA
Staff at YWCA Halifax enjoy a supportive and dynamic team environment, a commitment to staff growth, a connection to the national and international YWCA movements, learning from colleagues in a multiservice agency, and a strong shared vision.
Why YOU should apply
Even if you don’t have all the requirements listed in this position, you may be the right candidate. If you are a natural leader with a strong attention to detail and a passion for social justice and gender equity, we want to hear from you. Take a chance and apply. Tell us how you can make a difference through your YWCA.
The Payroll & Accounts Payable Coordinator, is responsible for:
- The verification, administration and processing of all payroll, group benefits, accounts payable, cheque preparation and electronic payments.
- Processing of monthly payments, reconciliations and other accounting duties as required.
- The Payroll & Accounts Payable Coordinator also acts as the principal admin for the HR/Payroll database as well as tracking and analytics.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Post-secondary education in accounting at the college or university level.
- 3-5 years of experience in a related role.
- Previous payroll experience and/or certification.
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a high level of computer literacy and administrative skills.
- Working knowledge of Excel and accounting software required.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with non-profits considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of Quickbooks Online and/or Payworks would be considered an asset.
YWCA Halifax is committed to diversity, and we welcome all suitably qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply. YWCA Halifax is governed by, employs, and serves diverse individuals and community members. Self-identification by applicants does not guarantee an interview but we want you to know that we understand that lived experience of racialization, Indigeneity, (dis)Ability, and gender diversity are their own knowledge and expertise. We value this expertise and consider it as we discern who to interview.
If interested, please send your cover letter and resume in one document to email@example.com
Subject Line: Payroll and AP Coordinator
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org