Part-Time Family Home Childcare Consultant
Family Home Childcare
Title: Family Home Childcare (FHCC) Part-time Consultant
Department: Family Home Childcare (FHCC)
Reports to: Family Home Childcare Manager
Classification: Part-Time,Term until April 1, 2024 – with a possibility of renewal
Hours: 20-25 hours per week
Remuneration: Based on Nova Scotia ECE classification and experience, parking and mileage expenses
Start Date: May 15, 2023
Location: Bedford, NS
YWCA Halifax is a progressive, multi-service, not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of women, girls, two-spirited and gender diverse people and their families at critical turning points in their lives. We work to transform lives by providing a continuum of services and programs that drive lasting positive change. We strive to change the underlying issues that are root causes of inequality, violence, poverty, and homelessness. Our four program focus areas include: promoting the health, wellness, and leadership of women and girls; advancing women’s economic and housing security; delivering quality, accessible, early learning, and childcare; and working to end violence against women, girls, and gender diverse individuals.
Why work for the YWCA
Staff at YWCA Halifax enjoy a supportive and dynamic team environment, a commitment to staff growth, a connection to the national and international YWCA movements, learning from colleagues in a multiservice agency, and a strong shared vision.
Why YOU should apply
Even if you don’t have all the requirements listed in this position, you may be the right candidate. If you are a natural leader with a strong attention to detail and a passion for social justice and gender equity, we want to hear from you. Take a chance and apply. Tell us how you can make a difference through your YWCA.
Family Home Childcare Program
YWCA Halifax’s Family Home Childcare Program is the largest in Nova Scotia, serving over 35 Family Home Day Care Providers for Children. Our mission is to help provide safe and quality childcare for children from infancy to school age in a private home setting at no cost to the provider. As well, as increase the quality and flexibility of early learning and care options available to families. YWCA Halifax works with providers to create an appropriate early learning curriculum that is child-centered, play based, and reflects the cultural diversity of children. We match families to providers that prefer home daycare and provide resources to care providers. We strive for excellence in all that we do.
Role of the FHCC Consultant
- Responsible for visiting homes, preparing, and facilitating play groups
- Coordinate and maintain the YWCA Halifax Resource Centre
- Catalogue and maintain inventory of resource materials
- Ensuring licensing regulations are always met
- Identify and organize professional development training opportunities for care providers
- Create and monitor record keeping systems for care providers
- Mentor and supervise Care Providers partaking in FHCC ECE Diploma Program
Qualifications and Requirements
- Early Childhood Education (ECE), minimum Level 2 (NSDEECD)
- Minimum 2 years experience in the ECE field
- A current First Aid – Level C, Clear Child Abuse Records, Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Checks
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong administrative and organizational skills with strong computer literacy
- Exemplary time management skills
- Knowledge and familiarity of the Family Home Childcare sector
- Knowledge of the Nova Scotia Daycare Act and Regulations
YWCA Halifax is committed to diversity, and we welcome all suitably qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply. YWCA Halifax is governed by, employs, and serves diverse individuals and community members. Self-identification by applicants does not guarantee an interview but we want you to know that we understand that lived experience of racialization, Indigeneity, (dis)Ability, and gender diversity are their own knowledge and expertise. We value this expertise and consider it as we discern who to interview.
If interested, please send your cover letter and resume in one document to email@example.com
Subject Line: FHCC Consultant – PT
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org